The Cultural Art Society “OHRIGJANKA" from Ohrid is the organizer
of The International Folklore Festival “Blend Of Traditional and Modern Dances”
which will be held in Ohrid- Macedonia from 12th to 16th of September, 2013. This is a festival where groups from all around the world will have the chance to present their traditional and modern or stylized dances. www.ohrigjanka.mk
PURPOSE OF THE FESTIVAL:
The main purpose of the festival is is to bring different cultures closer, through dances, music and interesting national costumes. The main idea of the organizers is to bring in Ohrid and to the festival, a variety of folk dances and national art groups from all around the world, so that the participants will have a possibility to meet new people, make new friendship relationships and also see the beauties of our town Ohrid and the Ohrid lake, which are under the protection of UNESKO. The idea of the festival is to develop new forms of communication in the international dialogue and international cooperation in the future.
- Folklore groups from all over the world
- The number of the participants is not limited.
- No age limits.
- Free parking during the festival time. - Provided practical gifts and Diploma for participation in the festival.
- Organization of the performances of the participants and the defile. - At every 20th participant there is 1 gratis.
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
ADVERTIZING OF THE FESTIVAL:
All festival events will be presented in the press, on radio channels, as well as on local television programs, on flyers and posters
OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTICIPANTS:
1. Each group must consist of dancers, musicians, group managers and administration.
2. To prepare a program with duration from 10 to 15 minutes.
3. To bring with them a flag of the country they represent.
4. Each group should bring at least 12 to 15 small gifts for exchange between the participating groups.
Day 1 - (September, 12) - Reception of the participants.
Day 2 - (September, 13) - Sightseeing of Ohrid, visiting the cultural and historical monuments.
Day 3 - (September, 14) - Visiting of ”St. Naum” by boat, 20.00 h – official opening of the festival.
Day 4 - (September, 15) - Day for individual activities, official performances of the participants.
Day 5 – (September, 16) - Departure of the participants.
Ohrid – City of Light…..A treasure among mountains
OHRID, an immortal town, on the mythical Balkan, a magical hill of Macedonia whose primordial pulsation links ancient and modern times forever, because:
- Ohrid has been a living town for two thousand and four hundred years, the legitimate descendant of the shining Lychida, a town whose achievements were woven into the tapestry of a powerful ancient civilization. The town of Ohrid is indeed the cultural history of the Republic of Macedonia in miniature. - This city has a history of continuous human community life of 7000 years and is one of the oldest cities in the world, together with Jerusalem, Rome and Istanbul today. Ohrid is located at an attitude of 695 meters and and is the biggest city on the shore of Lake Ohrid. – In this old city you can find places, objects and churches dating back from prehistory, antiquity, early Christianity, Middle Ages, Islam…etc. Ohrid is the seat of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, (there are 365 churches in Ohrid and its region, one church for each day) a religious institution that was among the first who brought Christianity to Europe. - Even though, throughout the centuries Ohrid was enslaved, destroyed by human hand and natural disasters, it becomes one of the most beautiful cities in Macedonia and Europe. - As an Episcopal center in ancient times, and likewise through the widely renowned Ohrid archbishopric, the town has likewise through the centuries represented the entire ecclesiastical history of Macedonia.
It bears the name “The Balkan Jerusalem”. - Trough the activity of St. Clement of Ohrid, at the end of 9th and the beginning of the 10th century the first pan – Slavonic university in Europe was situated here. Ohrid was the most important official capital of the first mediaeval Macedonian state, of Samuel’s empire. - Ohrid is a literary center of Macedonia in the 19th century with the strong maxim of one of the greatest European intellectuals of that time, the native from Ohrid, Grigor Prlichev, so called “The Second Homer”: PERFECTION OR DEATH! - Today Ohrid is a cultural, spiritual and tourist center of Republic of Macedonia. It has about 45,000 inhabitants. The Old part of the city represents the history of Ohrid and the new part of the city represents the modern era, fulfilled with exiting night life and sandy beaches. And finally, as the crowning glory of its values, Ohrid and the Lake of Ohrid were declared a cultural and natural heritage site under protection of UNESCO since 1980!”
Ohrid Lake – The One and Only….
Ohrid Lake is located in the extreme southwestern part of the Republic of Macedonia. This lake is one of the oldest tectonic lakes on the planet (it is about 3 million years old), along with The Baikal Lake in Russia, Tanganyika and Malawi in Africa and Titicaca in South America. It is one of those rare preserved ancient lakes in Europe.
Ohrid Lake is one of the largest and most important natural heritages in the world. The unique and endemic flora and fauna with many relic living forms make the lake rare but real natural “museum of living fossils”.