A Oropa opens the Museum of the mountain with the exhibition A different imaginary Monte KUN 1913 - 1988 The company Mario Piacenza, Italian and first third of the history of mountaineering, climbing to an altitude 7,000 The 19th of April at 17.00 , the Sanctuary of Oropa will be inaugurated the Museum of the Mountain, a space that will be dedicated to mountaineers Biella and their businesses, both past and future, in order to collect and preserve the area all the inestimable material able to document that may be defined as real adventures. The Biella in fact includes many prominent characters in this discipline, which most times is not only sporty but also human and scientific research, starting from the Quintino Sella, founder of the Italian Alpine Club. The new museum will be inaugurated with the exhibition A different imaginary Monte KUN 1913-1988. "The first 7,000 climbed by an Italian, Mario Piacenza, and the third in the history of" the story of the expedition Mario Piacenza, which premiered in 1913 climbed Mount Kun (7,070 m) in the Himalayas Kashmiri, returning one mountaineering extraordinarily successful for the time, but it was also an opportunity for ethnographic studies, physiological and geographical. The adventure of Piacenza was revisited in 1988 by Enrico Rosso in his journey of discovery he tried to touch all the stages visited by his predecessor and even managed to find what was left of the flag left 75 years before. The exhibition includes: - the original and copies of the photos that are part of the ancient heritage preserved in the archives of the Fondazione Sella Biella, whose collaboration was invaluable; - The movie documents the expedition of Henry Red; - A detailed reconstruction of the base camp; - Various information materials documenting the two expeditions. The event organizers are the Fratelli Piacenza Cashmere, the Foundation Row Museum, the City and the Pro Loco of Sucker. Enrico Rosso, contemporary mountain climber who goes to enrich the history of Italian, to which the Biella has provided great protagonists, will honor the great explorer Mario Piacenza. The exhibition will be open until December and will have the following hours: Thursday to Sunday from 10 to 18.