WIMUN 2014 is the first WFUNA International Model United Nations organised by WFUNA (World Federation of the United Nations Associations) and SIOI (Italian Society for International Organization) worldwide. More than 700 university students and young professionals from over 100 countries are expected to take part into the event! The youth conference will take place at the FAO Headquarters and will run from 30 June to 4 July.
Registration is open at https://www.cvent.com/events/wimun-2014/registration-0305fcc86dd4440d99f309cec48f8a81.aspx
WIMUN will simulate 8 committees divided into 2 tracks: High School and University. The conference theme is the Post 2015 Development Agenda. Please find below the 4 University committees and related topics:
General Assembly First Committee (Disarmament and International Security Committee)
• Reducing illicit arms transfer and trafficking
General Assembly Second Committee (Economic and Financial Committee)
• Ensuring year-round access by all to affordable, adequate, safe and nutritious food.
General Assembly Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee)
• Gender equality and religious tolerance: supporting women’s enhancement through education
Special Committee - Committee on World Food Security (CFS)
• Food security in protracted crises
Concerning conference fees, you have 2 options: without accommodation and with accommodation included. Please consider that both fees are discounted if you apply before April 15!
Delegate Registration Fees
• Early registration fee - 200 EUR (Valid from February 25 - April 15, 2014)
• Regular registration fee - 250 EUR (Valid from April 16 - May 30, 2014)
Faculty Adviser Registration Fee
• Registration fee - 150 EUR
Conference Fee Includes:
• Participation to the UNGA Rules of Procedure workshop
• Participation to the conference
• Preparation kit
• Certificate of Attendance
• Conference souvenirs
• Two evening banquets
Conference Fee Does Not Include:
• Transportation costs
An Accomodation Package is available at the additional cost of 180 EUR (Valid from February 25 - April 15, 2014) or 220 EUR (Valid from April 16 - May 30, 2014). Full payment online will ensure your reservation for 6 nights in Rome from the 29th of June to the 5th of July (Morning checkout). As we have limited amount of room available at the rate provided, we will not be offering on-site room requests.
• An accomodation package will be sent to all delegate 2 month prior to the conference.
• Delegates will be using public transportation to the conference venue. Buses will not be provided.