L.A.s legendary-beloved Sax man BIG JAY McNEELY
is being inducted into the BLUES Hall Of Fame in Memphis in May...but he needs our help! The Blues foundation has a very small budget and is paying for little of the actual costs associated with the trip to Memphis. Some of Big Jay's friends and colleagues, who also happen to be some of the most talented musicians around, are presenting a great evening of music at Joe's in Burbank, where all the $ collected will go directly towards Big Jay's travel expenses to
receive this great honor. Whatever $ left over after Big Jay's expenses will be donated to the "RAISE THE ROOF" campaign, which is a fund setup for the construction of the Hall Of Fame itself. So all the way down the line, a worthy BLUES investment in one of our city's most valuable Blues men!!!
SUNDAY MAY 4TH @ JOE'S BURBANK
$10-15 SUGGESTED DONATION
CONFIRMED TO APPEAR:
* the man himself- BIG JAY McNEELY !
* the inimitable PLAS JOHNSON
(the "Pink Panther" theme w/Henry Mancini)
* Royal Crown Revue Sax Man MANDO DORAME
with the JENNIFER KEITH QUINTET & Vic Trevino
* Mark Tortorici & the HOLLYWOOD COMBO
rockin' Rhythm & Blues
* the angry sax of RON DZIUBLA's Nasty Habit
(Duane Eddy, Deke Dickerson, many others)
* six-stringer extraordinaire SKIP HELLER's
HOLLYWOOD BLUES DESTROYERS
* blues n rock singer SAYED SABRINA band
* roots/blues/new orleans with HOT ROUX from ventura
* down home juke joint blues with the
ATOMIC ROOTS ORCHESTRA
and many more.....
sure to be a memorable night of music!
if you can't make it and wish to make a donation, send to
email@example.com via paypal