This June, learn the art and craft of communicating environment from the publishers of India’s only magazine on environment, Down to Earth. This niche summer program, is an opportunity for journalism school students and young journalists to understand and critically evaluate issues that lie at the interface of environment & development; poverty; democracy, equity & justice.
Classroom lectures, case study presentation, discussions, and lot more. Interrogate policy makers and activists. Hear leading academics, policy pundits, lawyers, grassroots activists and members of CSE's research and advocacy teams speak. Several field trips include a week-long field trip to explore community-led eco-restoration efforts in rural India and several field trips within Delhi.
The Brink (online) > http://cseindia.org/agenda2013/index.htm
The Brink (print) > http://cseindia.org/agenda2013/the_brink.pdf
Eligibility: Open to 25 young professionals and college students from journalism colleges/ institutes.
The course will cover:
- State of India’s environment: An overview
- Poverty and the biomass economy
- Ecological rights & natural resource management
- Land and its use: Agriculture, food security
- Wildlife management debate
- Water & waste management, air pollution & mobility
- Sustainable industrialization & public health concerns
- Climate change & global environmental governance
- Communication workshops: supervised field-based reporting and writing to understand environment a subject of coverage.
- Week long field visit to Himalayas and several with Delhi
For details please see: http://www.cseindia.org/node/1701
Fee: INR 25,000/– this covers cost of the course, food and stay (shared accommodation) at a walking distance from training venue -- INR 10000/ Cost for your stay in Delhi (from the afternoon of Sun, June 1 to July 1, morn. INR 15000/ (course cost, field visit, food during course hours etc.)
Kamla Chowdhry Fellowships: Will be awarded to a few selected candidates to support stay in Delhi.
Medium of Instruction: English
Admission Criteria: The course is open to young professionals and college students from any stream. A total of 25 participants will be selected.
How to apply: Candidates are required to send their latest CV/resume with a short covering note to the email addresses given below.
E-mail: Sharmila Sinha: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com