With Persahabatan Project
Fendy Rizk on Bass
Catur Sang Klana Wijaya on flute, percussion and sapek.
Gilles Saissi on ouds, bandoneon, mandoline, Viola de Amarande
PENI CANDRARINI is an Indonesian composer, song writer and singer. She is also a lecturer in the department of Karawitan at the Indonesian Institute of Arts (Institut Seni Indonesia – ISI ) in Surakarta, Central Java. This talented young singer has very rare talent as a “sindhen” (a female solo singer who sing with a Gamelan). Peni keeps showings, especially to the youth that it’s very important to keep the inheritance of our nation by performing from one festival to another festival.
• Ontosoroh” Re-Imagining of Nyai Ontosoroh from Pramoedya Ananta Toer’s “This Earth of Mankind”, An Indonesian-Australian collaboration.
• Korea 2012 Jeonju International Sori Festival, Korea.
• Making music for movies “Lingkaran Kekerasan” by Nur Hidayat.
• as a Composer for “Pekan Komponis Indonesia 2013″ Jakarta.
• as The Composer of “Ratu Kalinyamat, ziarah bulan purnama” by Sardono W. Kusumo at The Boko Teample 2013.
• Make a music jingle immigration Pemalang and Cirebon.
• as The Composer and Conceptor of “Ontosoroh” for OzAsia Festival 2013 at adelaide, Australian Performing Art Mart 2014 at brisbane, WOMADelaide festival 2014 at adelaide.
She will be in USA just before the venue at Betelnut