13th BRC Students' Rowing Championship 2014 (Recognised by the Rowing Federation of India) will be held from 11th May to 18th May, 2014 at Bengal Rowing Club, Rabindra Sarobar, Kolkata.
CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS : Coxed Fours & Indoor Rowing
Both events will have Senior & Junior categories for Boys & Girls
COURSE & DISTANCE : 2 or 3 Lanes, Marked, 500 Meters
CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT : Repechage System for Coxed Fours
Time Trails for Indoor Rowing
Seniors - Bonafied School students upto Class XII (born on or after 1.4.1995 )
Juniors - Bonafide School students upto Class X (born on or after 1.4.1998)
• Students who have appeared for Board Examinations may also participate if entries are officially confirmed by the School before the results are declared.
• Maximum 50 Entries per category in each event will be accepted on first come basis.
• All participants MUST know how to swim and furnish a bond signed by their parents.
• Juniors can participate in the senior events but not vice-versa.
• Original School Fee Books must be produced by each student at the time of registration.
• Original Municipal Birth Certificate will be required as proof of age.
• A Dental examination for age verification may be done for all junior participants.
• The Regatta Committee reserves the right to disallow any School/ Participant to take part in the Championship without having to assign any reason for such disqualification.
• Coxes will be allotted for each race by the Regatta Committee.
BOATS & EQUIPMENT
All boats, oars & rowing ergometers will be provided by The Bengal Rowing Club. Mishandling of equipment by participants may result in their disqualification from the event.
TRAINING & PRACTICE
• Free Training will be provided to all Participating School students by coaches and eminent rowers of The Bengal Rowing Club.
• PRACTICE FOR REGISTERED ROWERS ONLY WILL BE ALLOWED FROM 6TH APRIL, 2014
• It is mandatory for each crew to have taken a minimum 15 number of Boat Outings to qualify for the races.
• ALL ENTRIES WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, 28TH APRIL, 2014 AT 5 PM.
Rules for Indoor Rowing
~ Each school can select 2 rowers + 1 reserve from its rowing team in each category.
~ 8/4 of the fastest rowers (only one from each school in each category) will qualify for the quarter/semi final depending on number of entries.
~ A school is allowed only one change in crew per category during the entire event.
~ Teams must report with ID cards and in racing uniform 30 mins. before the Time Trials.
~ Regatta Committee may change the format or any other matter at any stage of the event.
~ Only 2 days of practice will be allowed per team before the opening of the championship.
~ No practice will be allowed on racing days
~ All intellectual properties, photographs, electronic recording of the event, broadcasting of the event is absolute Domain of the Club and can used by any person subject to the license being granted by the Club only. No sport persons or member of the Club can object to such usage by the Club or its licensee including broadcast or publication thereof.
~Start of Practice sessions 06.30 am Sunday, 6th April, 2014
~Teachers & Press Meet 10.00 am Sunday, 6th April, 2014
~LAST DATE FOR ENTRIES 05.00 pm Monday, 28th April, 2014
~Marshal's Meet 04.00 pm Saturday,10th May, 2014
~Captains Meet & Draw 05.00 pm Saturday,10th May, 2014
~Officials' Meet 07.00 pm Saturday,10th May, 2014
~OPENING CEREMONY 05.00 pm Sunday, 11th May, 2014
~HEAT : Tuesday, 13th May to Sat. 17th May, 2014
~Coxed Fours event 07.00 am Morning session
~Indoor Rowing 04.00 pm Evening session
~Indoor Rowing 04.00 pm Saturday, 17th May, 2014
~Coxed Fours 03.00 pm Sunday, 18th May, 2014
~PRIZE DISTRIBUTION 05.00 pm Sunday, 18th May, 2014
~DJ Nite 07.30 pm Sunday, 18th May, 2014
AWARDS & PRIZES
Senior Boys & Girls Coxes Fours
First : Rs 15000+Medal+Merit Certificate
Second : Rs 10000 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Third : Rs 5000 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Fourth-Sixth : Merit Certificate
Junior Boys & Girls Coxed Fours
First : Rs 5000+Medal+Merit Certificate
Second : Rs 3000 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Third : Rs 2000 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Fourth-Sixth : Merit Certificate
All participants will receive Participation Certificates.
Senior Boys & Girls
First : Rs 1500 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Second : Rs 750 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Third : Rs 500 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Junior Boys & Girls
First : Rs 1000 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Second : Rs 500 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Third : Rs 300 + Medal + Merit Certificate
Best Disciplined School Team : Overall School
Best Dressed School Team : Boys & Girls
Tug of War : WINNER - Boys & Girls
Darts : WINNER - Boys & Girls
Mr Sandeep Gupta, President of Jury & FISA International Umpire 9830091818
Mr Ujjal Kumar Dugar,Chairman, Rowing Comittee, BRC 98300 31630
Mr Gautam Valechha, RFI National Umpire 94333 31924
Mr Subir Kumar Ghosh, Captain of Boats, BRC 98310 93585
Mr Ajay Gupta, FISA Certified Level 2 Coach 98300 44128
Mr Rajesh Agarwal, Convener 93391 45234
Mr Subhashish Mukherjee, Joint Convener 93317 22385
Mr. Rupendra Mohan Lakhotia 98300 23220
Mr. Pradeep Sancheti 98300 96633
Mr. Anil Poddar 98300 48580
Mr. Anand Bhuwalka 98310 29286
Administration & Registration
Mr Arindam Banerjee 90389 29288
Training, Boats & Indoor Rowing
Mr Gautam Valechha, FISA Coach 94333 31924
Mr Ajay Gupta, Vice Captain, BRC 98300 44128
Mr Tarun Mitra, Rowing Coach, BRC 98047 48799