vintage at MVP sports and games
1:00pm start time. Decklist plz.
All proxies must follow these guidelines:
Please do not use the back of a magic card for a proxie!
There are two types of acceptable proxies. The first and most basic is taking a basic land card and writing the details of the card on it. The second method is to take a card that shares some of the characteristics with the card that is being proxied and erase any characteristics that do not match, replacing them with the correct characteristics.
All proxies must have the following text neatly printed, using a extra fine point sharpie. Ball point pens may not be used:
• The full name of the card (no abbreviations or nicknames)
• Correct casting cost of the card including all colored mana symbols
• All relevant/game effecting text
When choosing what card to use as the base for an erased proxy players must follow these rules:
• The mana cost of the base spell must be the same as the card being proxied.
• The type of the card being proxied must be the same as the base card.
• The P/T of a creature being proxied must be the same as the base creature P/T
• When proxying a creature it may be difficult to find a creature where all characteristics match. In this case, mana cost is the most important, followed by the P/T, followed by the subtype. Any characteristics that do not match must be erased and corrected.
• The art box, card name, and text box must be totally erased. White out may not be used for this as it affects the stiffness of the card and may mark it.
• When adding text to the card do not use a ball point pen. A extra fine point sharpie is the best thing to use. A ball point pen can cause indentations on the card marking it.
• For clarity reasons, the use of cards with the new card frame is strongly encouraged
How to tell if you have qualified for this event:
You have made top 8 of any event i have hosted;
You have top 4'd an event at either Top Deck Games(this extends to top 8), Mythic Games or The Player's Guild in 2013 or 2014(ranging from january 2013 to may 2014)
you have held the title belt from beginning to end of any event i've hosted.
You were top 16 of 2013 NYSE event;
now, if you've held the belt from beginning to end of an event or flat out won one of my events(not splitting and playing to prizing) you will be playing for free this day.
PRIZING FOR T8 IS GUARANTEED!
prizing will be done draft style for T8
1st/2nd" choice of mox jet or imperial seal
3/4: english mana drain/underground sea
5-8th: draft of dual lands
If we crack 32 players(and there are more than enough Q'd for this to do so) prizing WILL scale up(and hard).
1st/2nd/3rd/4th: mox jet, imperial seal, mishra's workshop, blue fbb dual
5-8th: foil fetchlands.
If we manage to crack 50 prizing will go to top 16 and include duals.
Title belt will also have a guaranteed prize for the swiss rounds!
This is also a qualifier event for the NYSE II in june!
This is the event you don't want to miss.
With 32+ I give random feature match prizes out during Swiss rounds.