The Asian American Heritage Future Roots Festival returns for a third year in a row!
Presented by the Office of Councilmember Ash Kalra and Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI), join us in celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month on Saturday, May 24th, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., in the heart of downtown San José at Plaza de Cesar Chavez!
As each generation rediscovers its roots, it also defines its own identities through new ideas, cultures, and attitudes, becoming the foundation for each generation thereafter. While the festival commemorates Asian and Pacific Islanders throughout history, it also celebrates the artists, activists, and scholars of today.The Future Roots Festival presents us with an opportunity to honor those whose stories will someday become part of our API heritage.
Featuring performances by:
• South Asian singer-songwriter featured on Season 1 of NBC’s The Voice Sonia Rao
• San Jose musician and singer-songwriter Tim Atlas
• Spoken word artist Janice Sapigao
• Martial arts tricking group Team Loopkicks
• Local co-ed youth lion dancing troupe Far East Dragon Lion Dancing
• Emcee and rapper Jay Bhukan
Food Trucks courtesy of Moveable Feast:
• Tastee Bytes – BBQ/American savory food
• Small Fry – Belgian style french fries with gourmet dips and toppings
• Blast Off! – burgers and sandwiches
• Got Curry – Indian fusion style food
• Hongry Kong – Hong Kong café style food
• Scoops SJ – ice cream truck
And many amazing vendors!
Please visit www.futurerootsfestival.com for more information and be sure to "Like" our Facebook page!
Follow us on Twitter @futurerootsfest