During a five days workshop, Alessandra and Romuald, who studied at the famous « Scuola Mosaicista del Friuli » will teach you how to create your own mosaic portrait in marbles, smalti glasses, pebbles and grand violet stones with the contemporary’s technic, based on ready sketches, we will give you a specific instruction, how to cut the tesserae, how to draw and execute the andamento, how to create curves without using triangles, how to sculpt the tesserae, etc.
Also, you will learn the gift of how to translate a painted portrait in modern mosaic, balancing the relationship between color, degree, size, method of cutting. This course is appropriate for students with some practice.
All materials, supplies, and use of tools are provided. Cost of class includes all materials and use of tools.
- Mosaic processing methods to work in direct technic for portraiture.
- Shadow and light in portraiture.
- Color fading.
- Construction of the eyes, nose and lips.
- Background in white or colored cement.
- Practical Applications (Skill improvement).
-5 days: 450€
-10 days: 700€