**** MARCH FOR MEDICARE ****
It's time to hit the streets and show our opposition to Abbott and Hockey's attacks on Medicare!
Through-out May, the people of Melbourne will be taking to the streets in a series of marches. The is but one attack.
Come and rally with nurses, doctors, healthcare workers and generally concerned and angry citizens on Friday 30 May, and help us save Medicare and say NO TO ABBOTT!
In the latest budget, the Liberal Party have introduced a raft of vicious measures that will push Australia's healthcare system closer to the two-tiered American model, including the $7 GP fee, which will essentially end universal healthcare in this country.
This is an attack on the sick, weak and vulnerable.
Abbott and Hockey want to:
- Introduce a $7 GP fee and a hospital Emergency fee;
- Increase the cost of pharmaceuticals for everyone;
- Including healthcare card holders and pensioners;
- Cut billions of dollars in hospital funding to the states over the coming years; and
- Increase out of pocket fees for radiology and pathology services.
**** WE MUST STOP THIS! ****
The Liberal Party are far from popular at the moment. We have a good chance of being able to force them into backing down on this. So let's march!
Hands Off Medicare!
* Annette Xiberras - Elder of the Wurundjeri people
* Dr Tim Woodruff - Doctors Reform Society
* Paul Gilbert - Assistant Secretary ANMF (Nurses' Union)
* Senator Richard Di Natale - Victorian Greens
* Federal Member for Ballarat, Shadow Minister for Health Catherine King - Labor
* Paramedic from United Voice Victoria
* Jill Gallagher - CEO & Lead Advocate, Victorian Aboriginal Controlled Community Health Organisation (VACCHO)
* Luke Hilakari - Victorian Trades Hall Council (VTHC) Industrial & Campaigns Officer
SPEAK-OUT at Federation Square at the end of the rally!
Get on the soap box and have your say!
Please add any endorsements to the comments
The rally has been called by National Union of Students
Enquiries or to get involved please call:
Eric - 0414 080 393
Naomi - 0419 355 511
Cathy - 0448 319 160
> The Doctors Reform Society
> Health Services Union - Branch # 4 (HSU)
> The National Union of Workers (NUW)
> United Voice - Victoria
> Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF)
> Victorian Health Practitioners Association (VHPA)
> Health and Community Services Union (HACSU)
> Australian Services Union - Victorian & Tasmanian Authorities & Services Branch (ASU)
> Communication Workers Union (CWU) - Vic P&T branch
> Professionals Australia (formally APESMA)
> National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU)
> Australian Meat Industry Employees Union (AMIEU)
> National Union of Students - National Education Officer, Sarah Garnham
> National Union Of Students - National Queer Officer, Naomi Farmer
> Council of Single Mothers and their Children Victoria Inc (CSMC)
> The Australian Mental Health Human Rights and Law Reform Coalition
> Annette Xiberras - Wurundjeri Elder
> Socialist Alternative
> Red Flag Newspaper
> Socialist Alliance
> 3CR Community Radio
> March Australia Melbourne
> Radical Women
> Melbourne Street Medics
> Freedom Socialist Party
> Whistleblowers, Activists and Citizens Alliance
> Australia Asia Worker Links (AAWL)