They are on your television screens, in classic movies, under your bed and in your dreams, washing up on beaches and being caught in grainy photographs, drinking your blood and teaching your children how to spell on Sesame Street… They are EVERYWHERE.
And the eight artists who have accepted the challenge to create a brand new act based on the theme “Monsters” ARE:
* Advising children on what does and does not float down here, musical comedian Des O'Connor!
* Polishing up her theory that Nessie is, in fact, a large freshwater eel (seriously, it's totally true), whip artist Diva Hollywood!
* She's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!!!! aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvee!!!!!, comedy burlesque dancer Fanny Dent!
* Enjoying the sites of London but pining a little for the Black Lagoon, character performance artist Arran Shurvinton!
* Gaining weight and toning down the hot in order to win an Oscar, showgirl Scarlett O'Hora!
* Watching you from the closet while you fall asleep because you forgot to close the door, burlesque drag artist Rococo Chanel!
* Defending the value of cookies as part of a well-rounded diet, urban morris dancers The Original Street Dancers!
* Wishing she had married Donkey instead of that annoying Cameron Diaz, chanteuse Anna Lou Larkin!
Pausing briefly from hunting down the Boy Who Lived to lead the proceedings for the evenings, compere Velma Von Bon Bon, with a little help from the husband-hunting naang mai pai Lilly SnatchDragon!
BEEP BEEP Richie!
Doors at 7pm, show starts at 8pm.
Tickets £10-£12 in advance, £15 at the door