Stand Up Shout Out Presents to you,
~ The Wildlife Concert: SUSONIVAL ~
Kicking off June in the biggest way possible and all towards a great cause!
Ivory Trade, although an inexplicable excuse has been a big reason for the ongoing poaching crisis and because of this, our Wildlife is in grave danger; from the the elephant, Lion (who is in equal danger of extinction as the Elephant), to the rhino and our wildlife face great enemies; the poachers and the king pins and the illegal trafficking ring of Wildlife, This all affects our economy, our tourism, our national security, our KENYA!!! - 384 elephants were slain in 2012, 232 elephants in Kenya were killed during the first nine months of 2013, with 18 rhinos and 51 elephants already killed by poachers this year alone. It’s now said we have 26,000-34,000 elephants; with most conservationists leaning more to the sides of only 26,000 elephants roaming the plains of Kenya. Yes it’s hard hitting that our elephants, lions and rhinos can be extinct in 10 years! BUT do not despair!
There are many ways every one of you can get involved on this journey to save our wildlife and prevent extinction of our wildlife and help these animals in the biased fight against poachers. There are many people who have already started their journey to make Kenya's wildlife prosper but they need our help!
And this is what Stand Up - SHOUT OUT is trying to achieve with the concert:
- To Raise awareness on the poaching crisis and the importance of wildlife to our country and the world... emphasizing that even if you live in Nairobi and have never seen a lion, rhino or elephant, them being murdered ( their extinction maybe?) will affect you and your community. SUSONIVAL aims to highlight this problem in a fun and interactive manner on the day, as well as show everyone how together they can play a very important role in saving our wildlife. People in Nairobi like to have fun, so why not send some of that energy towards a positive cause?!
- To raise money for the Rangers in the field-they are poorly equipped, demotivated and need support now more than ever as they are vital contributors to this war against poaching!
- Last year we built a school in Kibera. This year we are targeting to build a nursery school. Many mothers complain that they cannot seek work as they are constantly looking after their babies. We want to provide them with a nursery where they may leave their young ones during the day and go work and earn a living.
The SUSONIVAL shall have yummy food from Tree house and Naked Pizza to keep you energized throughout the evening and night!!! With a fully stocked Bar and a surprise Alcohol Sponsor to keep you grooving all night long, and Special WILDLIFE Themed COCKTAILS! So keep a look out for that!! (Alcohol shall not be sold to persons under the age of 18. Excessive consumption of alcohol is harmful to your health)
Extra Aspects of the Concert:
- A Grand Raffle with great prizes up for grabs. (LG Sponsors)
- Wildlife Photo Booth
- Catch The Poacher
- Wildlife Themed Cocktails, wildlife dress code, VIP package (To be announced soon in detail)
And More to be announced
Program for the Concert:
6:30PM- 10:30PM: Our Main Performers shall be starting at 6:30PM; where we shall have celebrated artists grace the stage. Afterwards all U18 persons inside tree house shall be asked to leave and the DJs shall grace the stage to keep us all grooving till the morning!
Official Main Performers are: ~ Carter Harrell ~ H_ART the Band ~ SARAB ~ Wangechi ~ YELLOW LIGHT MACHINE ~ The Villager’s Band ~ Sage ~ Mumala ~
DJs: ~ Dj KACE ~ Chelsea VanCarter ~ DJ Donnaccia ~ Raj el Rey ~ Foozak ~
Set times to be announced soon.
Official Photographer: Kenya Nights - Beautiful Faces Beautiful Places - Rizwan 'KenyaNights' Ibrahim
Tickets: Advance: 800 KSH
At the gate: 1000 Ksh
(Ticket outlets to be announced on Monday 19th May 2014)
We shall have the ROAD TO SUSONIVAL CAMPAIGN where we can all take the Journey from this day towards June 7th. During this journey we shall be carrying out many activities that will help you all be part of the BIGGER JOURNEY, the journey to SAVE OUR WILDLIFE!!
~"TAKING THE STEP" is our Picture Campaign for Road To SUSONIVAL, where people take selfies or any kind of photo with their favourite shoe in the most creative way to symbolize/represent that they are willing to take the step, and join this journey to save our wildlife!
After Taking the Picture, Upload it on your favourite social media platforms and nominate 3 of your friends to do the same with a ~Step4wildlife NOMINATION~
With the picture write these tag lines:
Instagram: 'I am taking a step to save our wildlife.” Or your own message with #Step4Wildlife #SaveOurWildlife #RoadToSUSONIVAL @standupshoutout
Facebook: 'I am taking a step to save our wildlife.” Or your own message with #Step4Wildlife #SaveOurWildlife #RoadToSUSONIVAL @Stand Up Shout Out
Twitter: 'I am taking a step to save our wildlife.” Or your own message with #Step4Wildlife #SaveOurWildlife #RoadToSUSONIVAL @SUSOYouth
~ And many other activities that will be announced along the road to SUSONIVAL to make you aware of how you can help out in this Journey to save our wildlife.
All Money Raised from the Carnival will go directly towards: 1) Rangers Support: to achieve this goal we have partnered with “ Kenyans For Wildlife ”, Save The Elephants and our very own SUSO For rhinos and elephants which is the youth driving force for Hands Off Our Elephants campaign by WildlifeDirect. We shall use funds to equip rangers to be the most efficient when doing their duties: - to buy radio communication for rangers - to provide food for the rangers - to buy strong boots for rangers - to buy uniforms for rangers - to buys high quality binoculars for the team While achieving those goals we hope to help how ever we can to fulfill a program called ‘ Walk With Rangers ’ however we can which aims to provide a VET unit which is operated in a specialized land cruiser fully equipped to help rangers fight poaching and tend to the wildlife animals.
2) Building a Nursery: Funds shall be used in the building of the Nursery. There is a school called “Kibera Day Nursery” which already has class 1 to class 3 and a high school on site. Now we want help in building a nursery to provide a safe place for women in the community to leave their children for the day while they can work. We are jointly working on this with Lions Club Kenya. We will also be focusing on job creation with agriculture at the top of the list.
We hope to see as many of you on June 7th 2014 AT TREE HOUSE!! :D come down and be part of the positive change we are trying to instill in Nairobi, in a fun exciting way and give back to something that is bigger than all of us.
Partner: Tree House
Sponsors: - LG - DSG Ven Cap - Naked Pizza Kenya - Kenya Nights - Beautiful Faces Beautiful Places - Hands Off Our Elephants – GO PLACES KENYA -
(If you want to sponsor please email firstname.lastname@example.org )
#StandUpShoutOut #Step4Wildlife #SaveOurWildlife #RoadToSUSONIVAL #WalkWithRangers #HandsOffOurElephants #Step4Wildlife #KUAPO #OurWildlifeOurHeritage #SaveTheElephant #DSWT #TheGenerationOfLight #WildlifeConcert #GoPlaces #LG #DSGVenCap #NakedPizza #TreeHouse
* Forgery of any material that represents or has anything to do with Stand Up Shout Out and related sponsors without prior consultation is a crime and is punishable by law.
* Only Original ID's /Drivers Licenses/Passports will be accepted. (For those over 18 as they will be allowed to consume alcohol.)
*There shall be no re-funds by the organisers/ticket-outlets/venue whatsoever.
*Management has the right to admission