Calling young Armenian researchers, students and aspiring leaders!
Tell us about your innovative idea and vision of how you ‘Reimagine Education’, for a chance to win a scholarship and participate in Europe’s largest Science and Society conference: EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) 2014, on June 21 – June 26.
Competition opens: May 2, 2014
Deadline: May 10, 2014 12.00 Armenian time
This year, for the first time ever, Armenian technology will be exhibited at the ESOF conference which will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Amstream, a nongovernmental organisation connecting education and technology projects between Denmark and Armenia, has organised a five-day event where Armenian experts will conduct hands-on workshops to introduce their technologies. The exhibition will culminate in our 'Reimagining Education' seminar, on June 26, where leading keynote speakers, a panel of students and a panel of experts, will discuss the future of education.
Amstream is offering the opportunity for YOU – a young Armenian researcher, student, or aspiring leader – to participate in ESOF2014 and our 'Reimagining Education' seminar. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to pitch their idea to leaders in the field!
All you have to do is tell us, in text and a short video, about an idea or vision you have for the future of integrating technology and/or science into education.
Amstream will offer the successful candidate a scholarship of €500 to cover travel expenses from Armenia to Copenhagen. Housing will also be provided through home stays, through our network of young organisers.
•The applicant should be in possession of an awesome vision or already developed product (although the latter is not a requirement) that can be used to improve education for young people via science or technology.
•Your idea could involve anything from robotics to software to gadgets – or something we have not yet thought of!
•The applicant should be from Armenia.
•The applicant should be able to communicate their idea in good English.
•We also accept submissions from groups of researchers, students or aspiring leaders who are currently developing or have developed a product, service or model (although the scholarship sum would not change in this event).
•Write a One-Page-Pitch (maximum two pages) that describes your vision / model / product.
• Provide a curriculum vitae and a publications list (if applicable).
•Upload a one to two-minute video on YouTube titled “Project Reimagining Education – your name”.
• Keep it simple! Please see below for a clearer picture of what we’re looking for in the video:
• The video should serve as a short introduction to your vision or product. It is also an ideal way for us to learn more about your passion.
• There is no right or wrong way of doing this and we are not expecting an elaborate production, just a self-filmed video pitch of your project is fine!
• We want to hear the idea behind your product or vision and how it is or could be realised.
• Don’t try too hard, with only two minutes, sometimes less is more.
• Keep in mind that your idea or product pitch will be presented, by you, at the 'Reimagining Education' seminar. Therefore, the theory should be conveyed in a clear and simple style.
• We might want to request additional information to supplement your application, for which Amstream will be in touch with you.
What to do now:
• Please send your application, consisting of: CV and a list of publications (if applicable), the One-Page-Pitch, and a link to your ‘Project Reimagining Education’ video, to email@example.com, no later than 12 o'clock, May 10, 2014.
• You can join our Facebook event to ask us questions, post comments, or follow the updates and developments of ESOF2014.
• Amstream will do its best to assist the successful applicant(s) with their visa application(s).
With several successful education projects already concluded, Amstream strives to increase Armenia’s visibility among international science, technology and education leaders. We look forward to your application and to welcoming you in Copenhagen for ESOF2014 and our Reimagining Education seminar!