Put on your retro footie shirt (all countries welcome) and come to our RETRO WORLD CUP PARTY to see England vs Italy live & then party to indie & pop tunes, with some football-themed tracks throughout the night!
Take your pick of two floors, with DJs and LIVE BANDS...
*Up: it's a riot of classic INDIE + The Beautiful Game live
*Down: it's a bath-full of frothy POP
+ ENGLAND vs ITALY live on the big screen
UP: Scissorkick or flop your fringe to the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Blur, Oasis, Bloc Party and more songs to sing along to...
The Beautiful Game [live @ 11.30]
- This indie rock band come from just down the road, influenced by The Jam, Clash, Oasis, Smiths and Libertines.
- "North Londoners like me! Would be cool to catch these guys live. Do they have an album? This track sounds like the crescendo!" - James Theaker, NME Radio.
- "With the Buzzcocks' knack for a catchy hook and taking the playfulness of Madness, Losing Streak gets people leaping about with joyful intent; as soon as they burst into a fit of energy you can't help but to join in" - Artrocker.
Tommy Turntables (Popstarz)
- promoter and resident dj at long-running club night Popstarz - in fact, one of the biggest indie nights in london - Tommy's career in clubland has been diverse and varied. He once had a residency at the Ministry Of Sound with Pushca but now spins only the finest indie. Our resident on 2nd Sats - and now 4th! - at Smoke & Mirrors, Tommy gets the anything-goes attitude of this night just right every time.
DOWN: Put your lace-gloved hands in the air for Madonna, Lady Gaga, Katrina & The Waves, Beyonce, Prince, Sugababes, Kylie, S'Express and more songs covered in suds...
VIndi Tee (Brixton Jamm / Hostage Music)
- expect an eclectic mix of pop classics, party tunes and some other hidden gems as Brixton's cream-of-the-crop female DJ comes North of the river to whip you into a dancefloor frenzy.