DOWN: Some of the greatest synth hits from the ages + some other great 60s/70s/retro sounds thrown in!
*UP: It's 90s/00s indie classics + Live sets from
Widows (live @ 11)
- a shadowy London-based five-piece alt/punk/rockabilly combo drawn from the veins of The Cramps, Tom Waits, The Birthday Party and stirred by David Lynch.
The current line up have been together for about 18 months and their first studio recordings are coming soon to a speaker near you.
Free Radio (live 11:45)
- Free Radio are a band that broadcast a sound that captures the spirit of these times. They deliver a hard-hitting, multilayered, indie electronic sound that immerses the listener and leads them through a cascade of thundering riffs and tight grooves. Inspired by the likes of Bloc Party, The Strokes, Everything Everything, Massive Attack and many more the band fuse together indie guitar riffs with flowing electronic arpeggios and anthemic vocal melodies.
DJ Black Knight (International Hi-Fi)
- Resident DJ upstairs at CR for all of its 15 years. A veteran DJ of club nights at both Barfly and The Garage, he was one of the original DJs at the Astoria's notorious Club X and dispensed a wildly eclectic musical cocktail at Cigarettes and Alcohol at the celebrated Wag Club in Soho.
Frankie D (Flag Promotions)
- a proper industry legend, Frankie has worked tirelessly for years to bring the best (and oddest) darkwave, industrial & gothic groups to play in London. Also a big fan of all things noir and synth, he's our man for tonight's special.
DJ Vinyl Sue Grant (The Enterprise)
- Sue has been obsessed with music since she was a small child, her musical tastes are very wide and she often plays some of her Dad's original 50s/60s 45s in her sets. She has a weekly show on Shoreditch Radio and has been with the station since 2012. Sue knows how to read a crowd and how to keep the dancefloor moving!
Plus, everyone can have a free go on our "Monte Carlo-style Roulette table", with the chance to win drinks!