The Pope House Bourbon Lounge and Four Roses Bourbon are proud to sponsor the 5th annual Julep Fest to be held Sunday, July 27th, 2014 from 1PM-4PM at the Pope House. Celebrate the spirit of Kentucky combined with the Pope House's 5 year Anniversary party while sipping on our finalists variations of the Derby staple–the Mint Julep.
Leading up to the big day, we will have a home bartender competition for a chance to win a spot on this years judging panel and a Four Roses prize package.
We will be dressing up Derby style so be thinking about your floppy hats and dapper suits. We will also have entertainment and a silent auction with proceeds benefiting Charlie's Elves, A Portland Organization dedicated to helping less fortunate children and families have a better holiday season. If you would like to donate any items for the auction (We are looking for singles to put together "date packages" for the live auction:) or have any questions please contact Jenn Hegstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julep Fest 2014 Bartender Official Rules:
1. The Julep Fest Mint Julep recipe must use a Four Roses product as the primary spirit—this includes Four Roses Yellow, Four Roses Small Batch, Four Roses Single Barrel
2. The Julep Fest Mint Julep recipe must also contain crushed ice and mint
3. Any other additions or variations are permitted.
4. Contestant may be responsible for supplying adequate amounts of any other spirit used in the case of final qualifications for the purpose of participation and judging and Julep Fest
5. Contestant will be responsible for supplying adequate amounts of any homemade ingredients used in the case of final qualifications for the purpose of participation and judging and Julep Fest
6. Entrant’s primary bartending establishment must carry Four Roses product
7. Julep Fest Mint Julep recipes must be submitted via email by June 30th to: email@example.com. Include in the submission email: Your name, your bar, your recipe, and a picture of the finished Mint Julep
8. 6 finalists will be determined and notified via email by July 7th
9. Finalists must be able to participate in Julep Fest 2014 on Sunday, July 27th 12PM-4PM
1st- $300, a prize package and the Julep Cup!
2nd- $150 & a prize package
3rd- $75 & a prize package
Home Bartender Julep Fest Rules
1. The Mint Julep is a simple drink containing bourbon, sugar, mint, and crushed ice
2. Your Julep Fest Mint Julep recipe must use a Four Roses Bourbon product as the primary spirit—
this includes Four Roses Yellow, Four Roses Small Batch, Four Roses Single Barrel
3. The Julep Fest Mint Julep recipe must also contain crushed ice and mint
4. Any other additions or variations are permitted and encouraged
5. Submit your Julep Fest Mint Julep Recipe via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, phone number, your mint julep’s name and recipe, inspiration for the recipe, and a photo of your mint julep.
6. The Julep Fest Home Bartender Winner will be announced and notified by July 7th
7. Winner must be available to appear as a judge at Julep Fest 2014, July 27th, from 2PM-4PM.
8. Home Bartender Julep Fest participants must be 21 years or older