Join the NWUK HQ team for 3 days of fun on their stunning home patch of the Isle of Purbeck! Explore the Jurassic Coast with experience Nordic walking guides and join us for social walks, relaxed evenings and informative workshops.
This event is for ALL Nordic walkers – come as a group or come on your own, the welcome will be the same! Join us for walks, workshops, races and more…
There will be walks of all levels in and around the area (Lulworth Cove, Studland bay, Old Harrys Rocks, Kimmeridge Bay & Durlston) and additional themed walks such as:
* Jurrassic Coast ‘geology’ walk
* Thomas Hardy – literary route
* Twitchers’ walk at the Arne RSPB reserve
* Early morning workout walks in Swanage bay
Workshops to include:
* Beach walking technique
* Make your own ‘energy snacks’
* Energise with Smovey Vibroswings
* Tone up with BungyPump resistance poles
* Walking yourself ‘well’
* Navigation for Nordic walking (tbc)
* Walk leader training
* UKs FIRST Nordic walking marathon (in fact its 27 miles due to the terrain)
* 16 mile rugged NW challenge
* Join NWUK and make a difference
* Find out about Instructor training
* Learn about the NWUK programmes and how to get involved.
More information and a full timetable will be available soon – packages will be for 3 days or single days with or without race entry – the races will be on the Saturday. Other Events will be across all three days with a specific INSTRUCTORS SEMINAR on Thursday 15th September.